Re: [avr-chat] QUERY REGARDING PROGRAMMING USING AVRDUDE

From: Devyani Godbole
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] QUERY REGARDING PROGRAMMING USING AVRDUDE
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:21:01 +0530

Device manager is showing unknown device.
The driver is not available.
I got some driver on net but it is not working too.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Andreas Graebe <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 16.04.2013, 10:24 -0700 schrieb Pierce Nichols:
> The Sparkfun pocket programmer is based on the usbtiny, so the first
> part of your command line should be:
>
> avrdude -p m128rfa1 -c usbtiny
>
> What operating system are you running on? On most linux flavors, you
> need to run that command as root. Would you mind copying the entire
> error output here?

Unfortunately, the OP seems not to use linux, as you can assume by the
word WINAVR. Propably he has to install a certain driver for his
windows-version and tell avrdude by the "-P"-option to use the virtual
port what ist provided by that driver.

By the way, you need not run avrdude as root, if you adapt the rules
in /etc/udev/rules.d

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Graebe