Re: [avr-chat] Using Avrdude 6.0.1 on CentOS 6.4: UDEV Rules Needed?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Using Avrdude 6.0.1 on CentOS 6.4: UDEV Rules Needed?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:17:02 +0100 (MET)

Robert Cochran <address@hidden> wrote:

> Would I need to add a UDEV rule for this to work?

As far as I know, the various Arduinos ship with an FTDI on board.
So it depends on the VID/PID, and whether your existing FTDI driver
(and UDEV rules) already know about it.

> Would the
> rule needed be specific to the 'dialout' group?

Whatever you want.  If you write your own rules, you are always
free to assign whatever group permissions you think make sense,
but "dialout" is the common system standard for serial ports (and
USB ports that behave like serial ports).
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/