Re: [avr-chat] libusb0.dll windows8.1 x64

From: Xiaofan Chen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] libusb0.dll windows8.1 x64
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:55:30 +0800

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Андрей Шармаков <address@hidden> wrote:
> windows 8.1 x64, the programmer FT2232D, driver
> FTDI CDM Drivers 2.10.00, avrdude 6.1.1 requires libusb0.dll.
> where to take libusb0.dll?

It seems that you use libftdi 0.1 which requires libusb0.dll.
You may have to switch the driver to either libusb0.sys
or libusbk.sys.

Windows 8 and 8.1 requires the driver package to be signed.
Two good option, one of the easiest tool is Zadig here.
http://zadig.akeo.ie/

The other is libusbK's inf-wizard. You need to choose
the client driver package option. It will create a nice
driver package for you and you can use the driver
package in different computers.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbk/files/libusbK-release/
(Download libusbK-3.0.7.0-setup.exe and then use the
inf-wizard there).

If you use libftdi1-1.1, then you need libusb-1.0.dll,
and in that case, you need to use either WinUSB
driver or libusbk.sys driver. Zadig and libusbK will
take care of the driver installation for you as well.

If you do not want to switch drivers from FTDI CDM
driver, then your only option is to try out libftdi-0.1
and libusb-win32 filter. The libusbK development
kit has the filter driver installation GUI wizard and
it will install libusb0.sys filter driver on top of the
FTDI driver. Hopefully it will work for avrdude.
libftdi1-1.0 relies on libusb and currently libusb
Windows backend does not work well with
libusb0.sys.

PS: I am one of the admins of libusb-win32, libusbK
and libusb project (non-developer, mainly helping
on the testing side and support side).

If you need more detail help, you can use libusb mailing
list here.