[avr-chat] mega32 with usbtiny

From: Kimson Muriungi
Subject: [avr-chat] mega32 with usbtiny
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:53:54 +0300

Hey guys. I recently bought an atmega32, which i tried initializing with the usbtiny programmer ... avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32... but all it keeps saying is avrdude: initialization failed rc-1. I've counter-checked the connections almost 1000 times now but nothing seems to be the problem with the wiring. I also added an external crystal oscillator of 16MHz alongside 2 22pf ceramic capacitors to ground and still nothing. Besides, I also connected all GND pins to ground and also powered the AVCC in vain. I thought maybe the chip was faulty, so I bought another one. However, nothing changed. This is really bad. Some help please. Maybe there's something i ain't doing right? I also tried powering the chip seperately hoping that maybe the usbtiny wasn't supplying enough power but that wasn't the issue. The rest of the micro-controllers that i purchased alongside, are working perfectly (attiny13a, atmega328p attiny 2313)...Please help.