Re: [avr-chat] far addresses

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] far addresses
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:57:22 -0500 (CDT)

I think avr-gcc 4.9 has named address spaces.
The __memx qualifier will do what you want.
Pointers to __memx are 24 bits.
The __memx namespace is the union of all available namespaces.
That includes all of flash and SRAM.
So far as I know,
there is no other namespace that includes all available flash.
All the flash-only namespaces are at most 64K each.
With C syntax, you cannot have a single data structure with more than 64K.
However you make it, I think you can still use its name:
extern const __memx type fred[];

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,