Re: [avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra

From: Bittrace14
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 17:32:13 +0100

There is one additional problem with this under High Sierra, and it’s a biggie. The kext blocks avarice from connecting as hidapi cannot enumerate the device. This can also be seen running hidtest which is part of hidapi. Uninstalling the kext seems to need a reboot, and then avrdude no longer works, but avarice does.
I am not skilled enough in things around hidapi to figure out a solution, but can anyone give me a hint as to if it is even possible to solve?
Br,
Philip