Re: [avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra (Solved!)

From: Bittrace14
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra (Solved!)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:47:57 +0100

Thanks to the sterling efforts of Joerg, this now all works, and the even better news is the the AtmelICE specific kext is no longer needed. Both avarice and avrdude (svn HEAD) now use the hidapi lib to access the AtmelICE, and work ‘out of the box’ with the AtmelICE on my MacBook Pro. In the past avarice used hidapi and avrdude used a different method which meant that you could not use both at the same time with an AtmelICE, as installing the kext needed for avrdude blocked hidapi from accessing the AtmelICE.
Br,
Philip