Re: [avr-chat] EEMPROM Error with ATtiny1634

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] EEMPROM Error with ATtiny1634
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 13:49:48 +1100

On 28.01.18 01:11, Bernhard Rittirsch wrote:
> I' trying to write an .eep, and get always: "verification error, first
> mismatch at byte 0x0000"

To cross-check on what the debug code is printing to the serial port,
I'd use avrdude -t -U eeprom:w:filename.eep , followed by a :r: to check
the eeprom contents directly. If there's a mismatch, then it's a dud
device or an avrdude bug. (Possibly config, as you surmise. But more
testing first. ;)

If that confirms faulty eeprom writing, then I'd compare the ATtiny1634
conf with another ATtiny of similar vintage and eeprom size. Nearly two
decades ago, I had to tweak one (Either the ATmega64 or 16, AFAIR.)

Erik