Re: [avr-gcc-list] [avr] GCCAVR Bug

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [avr] GCCAVR Bug
Date: Thu Jan 11 10:44:04 2001

Thanks Denis for the help.

I found the gcc snapshot that Jason references: avr-gcc-20001225.  But
in the binutils area, I only see the most recent: 20010108.  Will this
be OK?  Jason references libc-20000730, and that may still be the valid
date within the binutils snapshot.

I do all of my internet stuff with a Win2000 machine, and transfer it to
my LAN'd linux box later.  So, I can't tell immediately if I'm
successful or not.  I avoided the CVS avenue because of no 'net
connection with the linux box directly.  I've never played with CVS, but
it looked like I needed a direct connection from the web site
instructions.

One more question(s):  even though I say I have gcc-2.5.2, it is not
installed.  My current gcc -v is pgcc-2.91.66.  Will this be OK to use
to build the avr-gcc?  If I need to upgrade to gcc-2.95.2, will I need
an upgrade of binutils?  How will this impact my non-avr activities?
Seems like such dumb questions, but I do use gcc for a C application
that I maintain, and I don't want to "rock the boat".  My current linux
version is 2.2.9.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions before this is through, so
please be patient with me :-)

Thanks again,
Dale.