Re: [avr-gcc-list] Snapshots etc

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Snapshots etc
Date: Fri Jan 12 00:52:04 2001

Jason,

Thanks for the help.  That did the trick.  I would have never guessed
where to get the libc stuff.  I did download the binutils from
freesoftware, instead of cygnus, because I was at freesoftware first
;-).  It's the previous date snapshot, but it all seemed to build OK.

Do you or others have an example makefile and perhaps a test C program
that I could use?  I have an STK200, and a SIMM100 board that plugs into
a DT003 board to test with (both have 8535's).  A few months back, when
I just started to play, I used the STK200 kit's Windows 3.1 software and
ISP dongle.  I assume I can still use the STK200 dongle with linux?
What software does everyone use to convert the avr-ld output to .hex and
then download to the target?  Or, is a conversion to .hex needed?
Perhaps not.

Thanks again for the clear instructions.

Dale.