Re: [avr-gcc-list] Snapshots etc

From: carl wall
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Snapshots etc
Date: Fri Jan 12 01:57:04 2001

Dale
this is from an answer from the old mailing list.  As you can
see avr-objcopy is the program that converts between formats.

>I tihnk this should be a FAQ, it took me a while to find out... Basically
>you need the binutils set up, which gives you avr-objcopy. Then it goes
>something like:
>
>        avr-gcc -c prog.c -o prog.o
>        avr-gcc -o prog prog.o
>        avr-objcopy -O ihex prog prog.ihex
>... and you end up with an intel hex format that you can use with uisp:
>
>        uisp -v=2 -dstk200 --erase --upload if=prog.ihex
>       Hope this helps,
>       Simon.

The copy of uisp (Debian) that I have does not work with my parallel
port, so I use the utilities from this page.  I have to be root to use
them, could make them suid root, but figure Jason's pavr project
is just about finished and that uses the serial port, and will work with
the STK200 board on any cpu platform with a serial port, that uisp has
been ported to.

   STK200 parallel port

   http://www.cnhtech.com/~avr1/

   Jason' pavr project

   http://avr.jpk.co.nz/pavr/pavr.html

   Cheers
    Carl

--
Carl A. Wall    VE3APY                Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"Created on DEBIAN 2.2,  an alternative to Microsoft Systems