Re: uisp - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Thanks

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: Re: uisp - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Thanks
Date: Sat Jan 13 08:40:06 2001

Marek,

It's good to see that you are maintaining uisp.  I'm curious why I ran
into the compile problem that I did with uisp?  I did download it from
your site you mention below just a few days ago.

Specifically, it couldn't find LP_PSTROBE et al defines (which were in
the lp.h file).  Where was it looking for the lp.h file?  Mine was in:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sys, if I remember right.  Actually, I
think it found the file, but didn't do the proper substitution when it
was redefined by the line in DAPA.C: #define DAPA_SCK LP_PSTROBE.

If my memory serves me, I think it was during the linking stage that it
growled at me complaining that it couldn't find LP_PSTROBE etc.  It
remains a mystery to me what actually took place (why/when the compiler
actually complained).  As I said in my earlier post, I simply sub'd in
the actual 0xNN values that were in the lp.h header file that the DAPA.C
file needed.  I hope I'm making sense here.

Do I need a patch or something?  Was I missing something?  Just curious,
now that I have it working.  Was there a switch for the make that I
didn't apply?

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
> It _is_ now maintained by me.  You can get it from
>
> http://www.itnet.pl/amelektr/avr/uisp/
>
> Bug reports and patches are welcome.  The Linux ppdev driver is now
> supported.  I don't know much about *BSD but I think it shouldn't be
> that hard.  (Probably time for adding autoconf/automake to make
> porting uisp easier...  Someone might also want to do a win32 port that
> actually works on NT, unlike Atmel's AVR ISP last time I checked.)

That's why I did my early avr playing from a DOS machine instead of my
NT box.

Dale.