Re: [avr-gcc-list] Binaries for win32 - under win98 too ?

From: Robert Rozman
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Binaries for win32 - under win98 too ?
Date: Mon Jan 15 12:23:03 2001

Hello,

I just tell you my experience on thought of upgrading to win2000. It looks
like my 1 year old motherboard (Celeron 333) is one of those, that are on
compatibility list of Win2000, but some drivers don't work. One of them is
IDE driver - so my disks are connected not as (U)DMA but in PIO mode. You
can imagine what this means for CPU !!!

So in the moment, I prefer using older binaries (from Volker OTH) under
win98 and wait for fix other than 'crying' in win2000 when CPU is polling my
disks and doing all the transfers.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Robert Rozman