Re: [avr-gcc-list] Error in Nordic object file

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Error in Nordic object file
Date: Sat Jan 27 09:01:04 2001

It is the compiler.  Compile a C program -S and inspect the
resulting assembly file.  You will notice that all GCC stuff
(including headers) has the substitution.  Anything you
make, no matter where it is found, won't.

This doesn't happen in hand coded assembly files so if you
have a GAS only project you can debug away in astudio.  Add
a C file with -g (debug) and you are hosed. Type in
"avr-gcc --print-search-dir  and the problem becomes
obvious.