Re: [avr-gcc-list] Found Solution for avr-gcc path problem

From: Woo-Hyun Kim
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Found Solution for avr-gcc path problem
Date: Sun Jan 28 01:46:03 2001

By applying your Windows Registry Fix, I could get avr-gcc with AVR-Studio
support.
I also changed avrgcc directory from "c:\avrgcc" to "c:\tools\avrgcc" is
possible by re-compiling libc.
I met following problems when re-compiling libc.

1. Your make.exe in "avr-libc-20001125-avrstudio.zip" is unexcutable on my
system(win2k).
=> So I changed to make.exe from "Volker Oth"s avr-gcc distribution.

2. Your makefile in avrgcc\avr\lib\src can't clean old-compiled libc.
=> I added the following target to the end of your makefile

new_clean :
    rm -rf avr3 avr4 avr5
    rm -rf libc libm
    rm -rf ..\avr3 ..\avr4 ..\avr5
    rm -rf ..\libc ..\libm
    mkdir avr3
    mkdir avr4
    mkdir avr5
    mkdir avr3\libc
    mkdir avr4\libc
    mkdir avr5\libc
    mkdir avr3\libm
    mkdir avr4\libm
    mkdir avr5\libm
    mkdir libc
    mkdir libm
    mkdir ..\avr3
    mkdir ..\avr4
    mkdir ..\avr5
    mkdir ..\avr3\libc
    mkdir ..\avr4\libc
    mkdir ..\avr5\libc
    mkdir ..\avr3\libm
    mkdir ..\avr4\libm
    mkdir ..\avr5\libm
    mkdir ..\libc
    mkdir ..\libm

Then I did
c:\tools\avrgcc\avr\lib\src> make new_clean
c:\tools\avrgcc\avr\lib\src> make
c:\tools\avrgcc\avr\lib\src> make install

Now my avrgcc is in c:\tools\avrgcc and I'm very happy ! :-)
except that I can't use breakpoint in AVR-Studio.

I really thank to avrgcc developers and you.

Woo-Hyun Kim.