[avr-gcc-list] new version of AvrX released

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] new version of AvrX released
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:48:50 -0800

I re-worked AvrX for the 2.97 release of avr-gcc at Gunnar
Henne's site.  A zip file of kernel, samples and test cases
is out at http://www.barello.net/avrx

AvrX is a very stripped down RTOS for the AVR processors.
Some 35 API supporting Task management, Single step,
semaphores, message queues and timer queue.  Fully
pre-emptive and interrupt driven, fully supports avr-gcc in
both tasks and interrupt handlers. ~800 words complete.
Less for typical applications that don't use all features.
It is practical to have 4 tasks running concurrently on an
8515 w/512 bytes of sram.

I am using the new code base in my robotics projects and it
seems stable.  I have not yet gone through all test and
sample code - for example the makefiles have not been
updated to reflect the avr-objcopy problems when emitting
eeprom files...

Cheers!

Larry Barello
http://www.barello.net