[avr-gcc-list] Build Errors

From: Howard Ive
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Build Errors
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:49:47 +0100

Hi All,

I've searched the list for this problem and cannot understand why it's not common. I've installed the system on Windows 2000 and all is OK. On Windows 98 the installation process fails (makefile errors at line 275). However, I've manually setup the path and set parameters.

I get the following when compiling the working project under '98:

avr-gcc: Installation problem. Cannot exec 'cpp': No such file or directory.

I assume that this is refering to cpp.exe in C:\gccavr\bin, which is present on the path. I also get this error if I attempt to build the project directly from codewright on any platform.

If I copy all the files to the GCCAVR\BIN directory everything works OK.

Howard Ive