[avr-gcc-list] using c and asm files in one project

From: rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] using c and asm files in one project
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:45:01 +0200

Hi all,

i have an old project with only asm files and want to go to c-source
now.
But there is a single file, call it data.s here, where are some bytes
defined for the flash space. I want to use the data from that file
in my project from c code again, but how i have to say my compiler that
there is
an extern defined label in an asm file for the flash space?

data.s

.text
label1:
.byte 0x01, 0x02 .... 0x00

label2:
.byte 0x88, 0x55 ..... 0x00

from my c-code i want to make a call on that labels like:

test.c

strcpy( data_ram, label1);
memcpy( data_ram, label2, 0x10);

etc...

I think the makefile is something like that:

proj.srec: test.c data.s
        avr-gcc -xassembler-with-cpp data.s -c
        avr-gcc -O test.c -c
        avr-gcc test.o data.o -o proj.out
        avr-objcopy -Osrec proj.out proj.srec

But the compiler tell me that there are no labels
label1 and label2.

Thanke for your help
Klaus