[avr-gcc-list] AVC-GCC Versions

From: Jim Pearce
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVC-GCC Versions
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:09:10 -0300

I am a bit confused about the status of the current avr-gcc versions
(especially the mingw32 binaries).  I have

avrgcc-3.4.2001.mingw32.tar.gz
avr-binutils-2001.02.28.mingw32.tar.gz

Is it necessary to do a make or run an install after I unzip the avrgcc file?
(I am using the default directory structure)

I thought everything was OK until I included the dreaded itoa function in my
code.  I am getting the linker error (undefined
_udivhi3) that was supposedly fixed long ago so I am wondering if I really have
the new stuff where it is supposed to be.

On a related note, is there documentation that concisely explains how the
libraries are built, searched by the linker, installed,
etc?

Thanks all!

Jim