Re: [avr-gcc-list] Working Win Release

From: Denis Chertykov
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Working Win Release
Date: 01 Jun 2001 23:04:47 +0400

"Peter Bosscha" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> This is going to be a long one but please stick with it:
> I've been using Volker's AVRGCC for about =BE of a year now and have been =
> trying to go to a newer implementation off and on for about the last 4 =
> months. I'm working under Windows for a MEGA103 target. The reasons for =
> changing are that at some stage I would like to use AVRX, memory management=
>  is better and there is support for the newer cores. I'm probably going to =
> switch over to the MEGA104 as soon as possible.
>
> I'm confused, the release that can be downloaded from AVRFREAKS has known =
> bugs (read their comments). The combio.de site lists only older releases, =
> again with known bugs (?) And I have not been able to get anything =
> compiled/linked from newer releases (I got up to 2001.04.23). These =
> produce weird linker errors, include files are not in the normal directory =
> etc.=20
>
> Dennis keeps on saying there are no known bugs and everything is great and =
> that is probably the case for the Linux version, but it's not my experience=
>  for the windows releases.=20
>
> So, is there an AVRGCC for Windows release available that:
>
> A: Compiles/Links for MEGA103

Don't know.

> B: Has no (known) mul bugs

Was fixed by:
2001-03-28  Marek Michalkiewicz  <address@hidden>

        * config/avr/libgcc.S (__mulhi3): Correct tests to exit the loop
        when multiplier or multiplicand is zero.

> C: Has no (known) O3 bugs

It's really a conditional jump bug.
Was fixed by:
Sun Jan 21 09:44:17 2001  Denis Chertykov  <address@hidden>

        * config/avr/avr.c (ret_cond_branch): New argument (reverse) added.
        If REVERSE nonzero then condition code in X must be reversed.
        (encode_section_info): Optimise if/else.
        (avr_function_value): Fix formatting.

        * config/avr/avr.md (branch): Call to ret_cond_branch changed.
        (difficult_branch): Likewise.
        (rvbranch): Likewise.
        (difficult_rvbranch): Likewise.

        * config/avr/avr-protos.h (ret_cond_branch): Prototype changed.

        * config/avr/libgcc.S: Fix comment.

> D: Has no (major) known other bugs

I don't know.