Re: [avr-gcc-list] Obtaining AVR-GCC

From: Peter N Lewis
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Obtaining AVR-GCC
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:17:11 +0800

Ive looked all over the web but cant seem to find the home of the AVR GCC
port releases.

Im using linux, so i would like to be able to get the up to date AVR GCC
patch files.

Also, i see the most recent AVR ports are against the GCC 3.x betas, where
can i also get hold of these version of GCC (be it web or cvs)?

The following is what I did to get a working gcc-avr which I've used for a couple weeks now:

use binutils.tar.bz2
from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils.tar.bz2
bunzip2; tar xf
configure --target=avr --disable-nls --prefix=/home/peter/peter/avr
make
make install

use gcc-20010514.tar.gz
from ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/mirrors/site/egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/snapshots/2001-05-14/gcc-20010514.tar.gz
tar xfz
configure --target=avr --enable-languages=c --prefix=/home/peter/peter/avr
make

use avr-libc-20010331.tar.gz
from http://www.amelek.gda.pl/avr/libc/avr-libc-20010331.tar.gz
edit Makefile prefix = /home/peter/peter/avr
make
make install

I don't guarantee that they haven't released newer versions or whatever, so you might like to check the relevant directories to see what is the most current version. But the above is working fine for me (and I'm also using a Mac and MacAVRpa to program it, which must make me one of very few Mac users using gcc and AVR!).

Enjoy,
   Peter.
PS: Thanks to everyone involve for their work!
--
<http://www.interarchy.com/>  <ftp://ftp.interarchy.com/interarchy.hqx>