[avr-gcc-list] ELF in outputfile

From: Arne Lynge Madsen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ELF in outputfile
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:42:50 +0200

Hi,

I have just started using avr-gcc, so my problem migth be simple... My
problem is to get the AVR tools to work on Linux.

Problem:
When I compile code, all I get in the output file is ELF.
What is wrong?

Details:
I have stopped the avr-gcc after preprocessor and after compile-proper,
and these output files seems to be ok. But the when I am using:
avr-gcc -O2 -Wall -mmcu=at90s2313 test.c -o test.o

All I get in test.o is ELF! No errors, no warnings.

I am using Redhat 7.0.

I have installed the following packages:

binutils-2.11.2.tar.gz
gcc-3.0.tar.gz
avr-libc-20010701.tar.gz

This way:
a) tar xzf binutils-2.11.2.tar.gz
b) cd binutils-2.11.2
c) ./configure --target=avr \
               --prefix=/home/armadsen/avr
d) make
e) make install

Update PATH to include: /home/armadsen/avr/bin

f) tar xzf gcc-3.0.tar.gz
g) cd gcc-3.0
h) ./configure --target=avr \
               --prefix=/home/armadsen/avr \
               --enable-languages=c
i) make
j) make install

k) tar xzf avr-libc-20010701.tar.gz
l) cd avr-libc-20010701
m) cd src
n) make prefix=/home/armadsen/avr
o) make prefix=/home/armadsen/avr install

I hope you have time to help

Arne Madsen