Re: [avr-gcc-list] timer routine

From: Rich Neswold
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] timer routine
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:48:34 -0500

Wasn't it 12-Jul-2001, at 11:23PM, when Jamie Morken said:
> The byte (81) is traversed lsb to msb and the current bit value is placed on
> an output pin, at the msb the index shifts back to the lsb and keeps sending
> it over and over that way.  Somehow there must be a 1 pulse delay that is
> putting one extra msb on the output pin.. but I can't figure out how to get
> rid of it.. any help!? :)

The UART doesn't send data back-to-back; there's always a stop bit so that
it can sync up with the next character. If you generate the bit stream
through a timer interrupt, you can control how many bits go out (but you
probably knew that and were trying to avoid it by using the UART.)

--
 Rich Neswold

 efax: 1.240.536.7092
  web: www.enteract.com/~rneswold/