Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:48:03 +1200

Yeah, until I read the following in the ATmega323 datasheet - recent post on atmels web site (and I assume it will also apply to the mega128):

"The on-chip debug support is considered being private JTAG instructions, and distributed within ATMEL and to selected 3rd party vendors only."

Looks like another STK500 protocol episode, i've almost finished reverse engineering that one - guess the JTAG debug instructions will be next if we want to use open tools. gdb would be very nice with a real debug interface to the micro, no more costly emulators. Wouldn't it be nice if these people wouldn't force us to turn their product upside down and shake it until the secrets fall out, what do they gain?

Cheers,

Jason Kyle