Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming your atmels under linux?

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] programming your atmels under linux?
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 16:32:05 -0400

Access directly to the parallel port under linux is only possible if you are
part of the kernel... ie- you need to patch into the kernel to pull that off...
ouch.

Why not take a look at this package:

http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/parapin/

It shows both methods of accessing the parallel port, user space and kernel
space. Even if you decide not to use this package, it will at least get you
started in the right direction.

Aaron