[avr-gcc-list] constant strings in FLASH

From: Tim Lapawa
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] constant strings in FLASH
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:52:32 +0200

Hello list,

with this code I would like to force some strings to stay in ROM.

#include <pgmspace.h>
const char __attribute__((progmem)) welcome[]="Welcome to SER2LCDisplay";
Later I want to access it with the __lpm_inline() macro.

After compiling and uploading it to a at90s8515.
The string is stored at the beginning of the FLASH at address $00000.
But there should be the reset interrupt vektor.

How can I tell the linker to put these progmem segments behind the normal
executive code? Doess anyone else use the progmem to store constant values?

greeting Tim

--
                \\\///
  Tim Lapawa    (o  -)   address@hidden