[avr-gcc-list] Automatic fucnction stack depth measurment

From: Vladimir Bychkovskiy
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Automatic fucnction stack depth measurment
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:29:56 -0700

Hello,

Is there any way to make avr-gcc measure the size of the stack required
to run a given function?
I guess one could do this by looking at assembly code, but is there any
other [faster] way?

We need to allocate many data buffers as we can, but the stack "segment"
does not have a size limit... Our system starts to behave very funny
when part of the data gets overwritten... The exact instance of overrun
is hard to detect though.

Thanks in advance,
Vlad.