Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization

From: Lai Kang Tin
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:38:07 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

I am sorry, it isn't working. You need not to modify anything, the simplest
way to do it:

 extern unsigned __bss_end;
 char *pointer = (char *)(&__bss_end + 1);

 void func()
 {
        *pointer = 0x12;
        *(pointer + 1) = 0x34;
 }

The storage between __bss_start and __bss_end is for all variables of you
application, and will be zero by C startup code of avr lib. After __bss_end
to the rest of RAM, it is free for you.

Cheers!

kang Tin LAI