Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: More interrupt oddity

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: More interrupt oddity
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:36:59 -0700

Simple: if you misspell the macro name then you get a routine
with the entry point of SIG_INTERUPT0() - since it is not called
by anything you wouldn't see it.  I bet it is there, just
somewhere else in the memory map.  Look at the linker map and you
will probably find it floating around somewhere, a spot of dead
code.

"SIG_INTERRUPT0" is translated to "_interrupt0_" (sig-avr.h)
which is the entry point used by the interrupt vector table
(gcrt1.S) If "_interrupt0_" doesn't appear, then the vector table
points to a dummy return.

You can just use "_interrupt0_" instead of SIG_INTERRUPT0 and it
will work the same.  SIG_INTERRUPT0 is just another level of
indirection for some reason or another.

Mike's advice was good: look in the headers to see how it all
works.