Re: [avr-gcc-list] A Suggestion to the avr-gcc-list Manager

From: Chris Baugher
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] A Suggestion to the avr-gcc-list Manager
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:40:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jason Kyle wrote:

> And I reject that request!

Ok. It's not a big deal but I would like to clarify why I (at least)
wanted this. See below.

> There can be problems when you start munging the headers, check out
> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for more detail.
>
> I simple way around the problem you seem to be having is to select ReplyAll
> rather than just Reply.

This doesn't address what to do if you want to reply the list ONLY. When
replying to a list message I don't like to reply-to-all because then the
author of the message gets 2 copies, one from the list and one from the
person replying. To me this is annoying. Not a lot but a little.
To do this in Pine I have to first reply to all, then delete the
To: address, then cut the list address from the Cc: field and paste it
into the To: field.
This is easy to do but it would be convenient if I didn't have to.

While I think that some of the arguments in the URL you pointed to were a
bit of a stretch I do agree that munging the Reply-To: field is probably
not "The Right Thing to Do".

So anyway, sorry for cluttering up the list with this.

PS: If anyone knows of a way to reply to the list only in Pine (easily) I
    would like to know about it! Thanks!