Re: [avr-gcc-list] buffered uart writing/reading

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] buffered uart writing/reading
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:42:59 +0100 (MEZ)

>No such thing as »BSD Linux«. :-)

You're correct. It should read BSD Unix.

>I didn't look into the NutOS code so far.  How much work would it be
>to adapt it to another ethernet chip?  The reason i'm asking: i've got
>a pile of 3C509 cards around, IMHO the hardware effort to get them
>working together with an ATMega shouldn't differ much from the
>RTL8012, so the questions is whether it's easy to plug in another
>ethernet hardware driver.

Not very difficult. Nut/OS uses a well defined interface for
the network driver. I'd recommend to get the original Liquorice
code from sourceforge. It contains a 3COM driver, which should
be easily portable to Nut/OS.

Also check http://avr.jpk.co.nz/eavr/eavr.html

Harald Kipp

egnite Software GmbH     TEL +49 (0)2323-925375
Westring 303             FAX +49 (0)2323-925374
D 44629 Herne            http://www.egnite.de
Germany

Buy Ethernut Online:  http://www.opticompo.com
Ethernut Support:     http://www.ethernut.de