[avr-gcc-list] Newbie: Writing Efficient C Code For AVR Microcontroller

From: John Branthoover
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie: Writing Efficient C Code For AVR Microcontrollers.
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:31:04 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,
        I am currently writing C code for my first AVR
project.  Being fairly new to C,  I am concerned about
writing inefficient code and wasting program memory
space.  I have down loaded the Atmel application note
AVR035:  Efficient C coding for AVR.  This application
seems to based on the IAR compiler.

        My question is:  Can this information in the
application note be applied to the AVR-GCC compiler?
If not,  are there any documents with tips for writing
efficient C code using the AVR-GCC compiler?

Any information that you can give me will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you for your time and have a nice
day.