Re: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie: Writing Efficient C Code For AVR Microcontrol

From: john . johnson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie: Writing Efficient C Code For AVR Microcontrollers.
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:42:24 -0500

In answer to John Branthoover <address@hidden>
(see part of original posting below)

Try http://www.bytecraft.com/ and follow the links to
either the programming examples and tips on that website
or to the list of publications on the subject.

One of these publications is:
C Programming for Embedded Systems
Author: Kirk Zurell

Unfortunately Byte Craft does not have tools for the AVR.

John Branthoover <address@hidden posted the following:

I am currently writing C code for my first AVR
project.  Being fairly new to C,  I am concerned about
writing inefficient code and wasting program memory
space.  I have down loaded the Atmel application note
AVR035:  Efficient C coding for AVR.  This application
seems to based on the IAR compiler.

Thanks,
John Johnson
DALSA Inc.