Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc generating ldd r31, Z+

From: Jens Andersen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc generating ldd r31, Z+
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 04:32:35 +0100

Hi Ken

I have checked the Atmel instruction set document, and to me it
seems that the gcc generated code is ok.

As i read it, it says that if you load (Z) r30,r31 using the
Z+ (post-increment) or -Z (pre-decrement) form the result is undefined.

The gcc code uses the Z+q (displacement) form of the ldd instruction
which leaves Z unchanged, so it should be ok.

I hope this helps you.

Jens Andersen