[avr-gcc-list] avr-libc new package with autoconf/automake ready for rev

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc new package with autoconf/automake ready for review.
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:42:42 +0100

I have finsished my work to implement autoconf/automake to the avr-libc.
I have used the last official package avr-libc-20011208.tar.gz.
I have added the autoconf/automake input files and have created a new package.

This is the first version and should be reviewed by the avr-libc maintainers.

THIS PACKAGE IS NOT FOR PUBLIC USE!!!
First it must be accepted by the maintainers.

I hope my changes are acceptable.
I needed to restructure the package according to the autoconf structure.
I haven't changed any source files.
Please read the new files AUTHORS, ChangeLog, install, ... .

I have compared the created object files from the original Makefile and the
ones created by the new Makefiles. There is a small difference in the symbols
section. I couldn't find the reason, but I thing it is because of the
different build methods (with subdirectories or without).

I have compiled the package on my Linux machine. No problems there.
I expect that it would build on any Unix machine. Maybe someone else can test
it on a non Linux machine.

I have no Windows PC. Maybe someone else can test, if the package can be
compiled on Windows, too. It should compile without problems, but maybe I have
forgotten to add some Windows specific autoconf/automake macros.

Any comments are welcome.

You can download the package from my homepage at
http://members.telering.at/jessich/reinhard/avr/avrcross/avr-libc-20011229.tar.gz

Regards,
   Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600