[avr-gcc-list] AVR-gcc cross compiler script

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-gcc cross compiler script
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:15:24 +0100

This is the announcement of my new cross compiler script to build the avr-gcc
on any Unix machine. I have tested it only Linux, but I have added some
Solaris specifc parts.

Why this script?
I tried to build the C++ compiler, but this failed.
I have done such a script some months ago for a MinGW cross compiler and now it
is used from many people.
There are some people on the net, which are not familar with building
compilers and all the necessary options.

The script is dummy proof and does really all, including the loading of the
sources from the net and the build of the avr-libc.
Have a look to may hompage and read more details there.

You can find the description and the script at:
  http://members.telering.at/jessich/reinhard/avr/index.html
     -> AVR Cross Compiler

I have done only a few compile tests. It would be nice if someone can check the
new cross compiler with a bigger project.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
  Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600