Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr-0.0.12 released

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr-0.0.12 released
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:14:36 +0100

> This release seems to work pretty well with my latest gdb-5.1 patch.

I have compiled gdb -> no problems.
I have compiled simulavr -> small problems, because I am building in a
subdirectory build and this is not fully supported by the package. I have
attached a patch to allow this type of build.
I had a problem with the html toc file. The patch will fix also this one. I
think this is because I am using a Mandrake Linux 7.1 system. My tex2html
produces the toc file with a different name. It should still run on your system.
I have also added the target pdf in the main Makefile.am to allow the build of
the pdf documentation from the main directory.

Then I run simulavr in gdbmode and avr-gdb with the demo.c program.
I could load it, set a break point and step through the loop. Then I continued
without a breakpoint. The program runs to into the endless loop.
Then I tried to interrupt gdb <cntrl-c>. This worked (after a while), but I
couldn't run the program again.

Please tell me how to restart a simulation session without restarting simulavr
and reloading the program.

At this early point it is impressive for me how far the simulator and the gdb
support is.
I will  now start to do some test with ddd, avr-gdb and simulavr.

You have done a good job, thank you!!!

Regards,
    Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600