[avr-gcc-list] gdb-5.1-avr-patch-0.0-pre8

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] gdb-5.1-avr-patch-0.0-pre8
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:27:25 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,

I've just released my gdb-5.1-avr-patch-0.0-pre8 patch. The only
significant difference between pre7 and pre8 is a change to allow the
disassemble command to work correctly. Thanks to Tak Auyeung for the fix.

Both Scott Finneran's AVaRICE project and my simulavr project are
compatible with this patch and both projects seem to be reaching points
where they are usable for real debugging work.

I have contacted Tor Ringstad about updating the avrmon-stk200 project to
work with this patch and he seems to be interested in making the changes.
I'm sure Tor would be more interested if avrmon-stk200 users were to
contact him with requests to continue.

My patch looks to be reaching feature completeness now. I would really
appreciate email from anyone using the patch telling me how well it works
or doesn't work for you. I'd like to try to get this merged into the gdb
source tree before gdb-5.2 comes out, so I need all the feed back I can
get.

Please note that the home for my patches has moved to a permanent site.
Here's the new address:

  http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/simulavr/gdb-patches/

Enjoy.

Ted Roth