[avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio command line programmer very slow

From: John Devereux
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio command line programmer very slow
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:04:09 +0000

Hello all,

I have just tried using the command line STK500.EXE programming
utility to automate chip programming from a makefile. I have noticed
that it seems very slow compared to the main AVR-Studio program. For
example, a trivial 100 byte program takes 10 seconds from the command
line but less than 1 second from within the Windows software.

Is this normal, is there anything I can do about it, and is there an
alternative under Windows?

I am running V3.2, under Win2k, trying to program the ATmega163.

Regards,

John Devereux