Re: [avr-gcc-list] Win32 Build Of The GCC Compiler And ATMEGA128 support

From: Anton Erasmus
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Win32 Build Of The GCC Compiler And ATMEGA128 support
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:28:56 +0200

From:                   "John Branthoover" <address@hidden>
To:                     <address@hidden>
Subject:                [avr-gcc-list] Win32 Build Of The GCC Compiler And
ATMEGA128 support
Date sent:              Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:48:24 -0500

> Hello All,
>  Am I to assume that at this time, there is not a Win32 build of the
>  GCC
> compiler with support for the AVR ATMEGA128 chip...?  Any information
> that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your
> time and have a nice day.
>
> avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

Hi,

I am using the current version of the Win32 binary avr-gcc on
www.avrfreaks.net to compile code for the ATMega128. I had to
assemble a correct version of gcrt1.s for the ATMega128. I then
had to modify the ATMega103 linker script to correctly define the
ATMega128 memory areas. I also modified the iomacros.h file to
update the inp and outp macros, so that they work correctly on the
ATMega128.
With this setup I have succefully generated code for the
ATMega128. I have run the code on an actual ATMega128 - Not
just simulated it.

If you need more detail, or copies of the modified files then I can
email them.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus