Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020115

From: Peter Jansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020115
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:25:26 +1100

Hi Marek,

> I've just made a new release of avr-libc.
> Many thanks to Reinhard Jessich for autoconf/automake support.
> Hopefully this will make new releases easier...
>
> http://www.amelek.gda.pl/avr/libc/avr-libc-20020115.tar.gz
>
> Tested only on Linux so far, and the old Makefile hacks for
> Windows are gone.  Please test more - thanks!

I found that by doing a "../avr-libc-20020115/configure --target=avr
--host=avr" that it does not pick up the avr gcc compiler. I changed the
configure script to hopefully get this correct (attached the patch).

I had trouble building your library, I'm building it in a different
directory than the source maybe that makes a difference. This was mostly
with the directory structure it creates when building.

If I do the following,

cd source                               (as an example)
tar xvzf avr-libc-200201015.tar.gz
mkdir build-avr-libc
cd build-avr-libc
../avr-lib-20020115/configure --target=avr --host=avr

I end up with the following directory structure,

source/avr-libc-20020115/.....
source/avr3/build-avr-libc
source/avr4/build-avr-libc
source/avr5/build-avr-libc
source/build-avr-libc

I would have expected the avr3, avr4, avr5 directories to be created
under the build-avr-libc directory.

I could not figure out which part of the configuration system makes this
I assume its something to do with the multilib support stuff but it
seems quite complex.

Regards,

--
Peter Jansen
Smart Container

! #if test $target != $build; then
!   ac_tool_prefix=${target_alias}-
! #else
! #  ac_tool_prefix=
! #fi

  # Extract the first word of "${ac_tool_prefix}as", so it can be a program
name with args.
  set dummy ${ac_tool_prefix}as; ac_word=$2
--- 912,924 ----
     echo "$ac_t""missing" 1>&6
  fi

!