Re: [avr-gcc-list] [Fwd: building gcc/g++]

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [Fwd: building gcc/g++]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:31:45 +0100

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Peter Jansen wrote:
> Marek,
>

> > Could I have 4 bytes in the startup code to support C++, something like
> >
> > ;; Call any C++ constructors
> >     CALL _U(__do_global_ctors)
> >     .weak _U(__do_global_ctors)
> >
> > ;; Call Main function
>

> This does not work for several reasons, as I found out today, hmm any ideas?
How far are you with the C++ support?
I have stopped my work, because it doesn't make sense if 2 people are working on
the same thing. I would like to review your work (if you like this).

For the problem above. I think the solution of the m68hc11 port is good. They
use different sections for the con/destructor functions. So you will not add
the initialization code, if you don't need it (C code).

If you need help for this, put the patches to the web or send it to me.
I have lost the current state of you work. There are sent some other patches
for the ATmega128 to this list. This is a little bit confusing.
I would need the patches for binutils (2.11.2), gcc (3.0.2) and for the
avr-libc (20020115). Then I can start.

Regards,
   Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600