Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: atmega128 assembler problem

From: Torsten Hahn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: atmega128 assembler problem
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:08:26 +0100

Am Montag, 4. März 2002 23:48 schrieben Sie:

> >  It seems that the assembler does not know the atmega128 device. Any
> > ideas ?
>
> You need a patched binutils package for the ATmega128.

I tried the patch from

http://avr.jpk.co.nz/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2001-November/001048.html

against the original binutils 2.11.2. But it seems that this does not work.

patch -p1 --input=../binutils.patch
patching file gas/config/tc-avr.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 259.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file gas/config/tc-avr.c.rej
patching file include/opcode/avr.h
patching file ld/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 119.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 381.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ld/Makefile.am.rej
patching file ld/Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 227.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1095.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ld/Makefile.in.rej
patching file ld/configure.tgt
Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ld/configure.tgt.rej
patching file ld/emulparams/avrmega128.sh

Is there a newer patch outside for binutils? I searched the list but i could
not find something usefull.

Regards,
Torsten.
--
Torsten Hahn
TU Bergakademie Freiberg - Institut für Experimentelle Physik