Re: [avr-gcc-list] Student Needs Help With GCC Test 7 (UART) and the AT

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Student Needs Help With GCC Test 7 (UART) and the ATMEGA 128.
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:52:24 +1300

At 08:16 8/03/2002, John Branthoover wrote:
Hello Bernie,
        Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
I know that the M103 fuse is not set.  However,  I did
not check if the 1 MHz internal oscillator fuse is
set.  I just assumed the I was using the STK500/501
programmable clock.  I believe that I setup the
jumpers that way.  Any way if it is setup for 1 MHz,
then that is my problem.  I will check it out tonight
when I get home and let you know.  Thanks again......

From the ATmega128 datasheet "The device is shipped with CKSEL = "0001" and SUT = "10" (1MHz Internal RC Oscillator, slowly rising power)". Certainly looks like a good place to start. Note that the ATmega163, and probably all other mega's except mega103, also ships with the internal RC oscillator enabled.

Jason Kyle