[avr-gcc-list] announcements-o-plenty

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] announcements-o-plenty
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:09:00 -0600 (MDT)

Howdy Folks,

Now that tax season is over (for those in the USA), I figured it's time
to unleash some goodies.

Simulavr-0.1.0 has been released. This mostly just adds lots of regression
tests, but fixes quite a few bugs. The interface with gdb has changed, so
you need to use my latest gdb patch.

gdb-cvs-5.x-avr-patch-0.0-pre4 is available. This patch includes a fix to
allow debugging of programs larger than 64K bytes. This is the patch you
need to use with the latest simulavr or a patched version of avarice.
Patch only applies to latest cvs version of gdb. WILL NOT WORK WITH
gdb-5.1.1 or older. It looks like my copyright assignment for gdb should
go through any time now (the FSF has the papers, just need to process
them) so this looks pretty close to what I will submit. We should have avr
support in gdb 5.2.1 from what I've been told. I will make a patch
available for gdb-5.2 as soon as it is released.

I've packaged up all the avr tools that I know of into rpm files. The rpms
include Peter Jansen's mega128 and C++ patches and my fixes for uisp. Also
included is a patched version of avarice-1.5 which works with the latest
gdb patch. If anyone decides to mirror these rpms, please drop me a note
and I will put up links to the mirrors. Also, I've uploaded all of the
patches and rpm spec files I used to build the rpms.

All of these are available on the simulavr website:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/simulavr/

See the README file in the binaries directory of the download area for
more information on the rpm files.

I anyone has problems with any of these files I am providing, please let
me know so I can try and fix things.

For what it's worth, I'm using the rpm packages for daily work and haven't
had any problems.

Enjoy.

Ted Roth