[avr-gcc-list] Local data & stack pointer questions

From: Marko Panger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Local data & stack pointer questions
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:25:25 +0200

Hello all !

I was wondering If GCC uses Y pointer alwasy as a stack frame pointer for data which is allocated locally in a function (with or without "naked" attribute) ?

Example:

void Test(void) __attribute__ ((naked));

void Test(void)
{
    char a;

    a =  10;
}

Another question is about stack pointer. I noticed that even If I declare my MCU type as atmega103 in my makefile the stack pointer alwasy points to 0x25f, even if atmega has 4k os SRAM ?

Any help would be appreciated !

marko