[avr-gcc-list] GCC 3.0.4 for ATMEGA128 and COF file

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] GCC 3.0.4 for ATMEGA128 and COF file
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:23:14 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a project with AT90S8515 and external RAM.
I'm using AVR-GCC 3.0 and AVR STUDIO 3.53 with ICE200 emulator with COF file
in WIN32.
I plane to switch to MEGA128 with JTAG-ICE as soon as possible.

So I downloaded AVR-GCC 3.0.4 rc2 with ATMEGA128 and C++ extension from
http://www.smartsolutionnet.de/avrgcc/files/

The source codes compile without problems, but when I load the COF file
in AVR STUDIO, I have the error "Invalid memory size" or a GPF error.
I also tried to load the OBJ file (avr-objcopy command): also in this case
I have an error.

I tried also version 3.0.2, and it works without any problems.
I changed the optimization flag from -Os to -O2, -O but nothing change.

Maybe some modification must be done in makefile or source code using
this version ?

I also download AVR STUDIO 4 build 127 but there was an error loading
the COF file done with either GCC 3.0, GCC 3.0.2 and GCC 3.0.4.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Patrizio Zelotti
address@hidden