Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-libc license issues
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:44:05 +0200 (CEST)

> Btw., a number of FreeBSD developers went so far to also omit the
> fourth (now third) clause from the list of conditions (``not endorse
> .... without prior written permission'').  This would reduce the number
> of restrictions even more.  You might consider that as an option.

OK for me as well, but might be a good idea to ask the FSF people about
this first - common sense suggests that removing a restriction shouldn't
cause problems.  But, there is common sense and there is copyright law ;)

On the other hand, the avr-libc license patch is already done, and
changing all these notices again is a boring task...  Either way it
is fine as far as I am concerned.

Marek