[avr-gcc-list] RE:SMD (was: ATmega8??)

From: Stefan Wimmer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] RE:SMD (was: ATmega8??)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:54:03 +0200

From: Chris Baugher [mailto:address@hidden

> I don't want to use surface mount stuff unless I really have to.

...how times are changing.
Some years ago I would have said the same, but after I found how easy even
0.5mm spaced PQ240 housings are soldered by hand (and how to prototype with
the Wainwright Minimounts - see my pers. homepage under Electronics/Fujitsu
or ColdFire for some pictures), I say the exact opposite now: I totally
prefer SMD over DIL.

--
Stefan Wimmer                           ADVA AG Optical Networking
Senior Hardware Engineer R&D            Justus-von-Liebig-Str. 7

Mähhr Gelt vür Pildunk!!!  (Anonymous)
It's the government. It doesn't have to make sense.  (B. Kaplow)

private URL: http://www.GeoCities.com/CapeCanaveral/6368/