[avr-gcc-list] Another eager mega8 user

From: Michael Tsao
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Another eager mega8 user
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:35:34 -0700

When compiling for the mega8, I am seeing that interrupts don't make it into the vector table. All the vectors are just relative jumps back to vector 0 (the reset vector, which is working quite fine :).

I built binutils and gcc from tonight's anonymous CVS. I am using avr-libc-20020601.

Clues:

The .map file indicates that the vectors are supposed to come from my object file, rather than crtm8.o.

Same behavior with -O1, -O3, and no -O at all.

If I build for another mcu, such as the mega163, the vector table is correct. Other than changing the -mmcu switch I make no changes.

I have a vague memory of Marek saying something was broken but I delete my old gcc-list mails, and the archives are apparently broken (they haven't been updated since April 29).

Thanks in advance!

Mike
http://www.sowbug.com/tqw/